Terms & Conditions
1. Reservation & Booking procedures
- YOUR HOLIDAY RESERVATION On receipt of your deposit, subject to availability of our sailing packages and at our discretion, YachtHop will reserve your place on your selected sailing holiday. A contract is made between you and Istion Yachting Limited (Registered in Greece) only upon your booking being confirmed and accepted by us and our communication thereof to you or your travel agent.
- Booking confirmation is the advice and invoice we send you outlining the names of person(s) booked, the date of departure of your sailing holiday, the deposit amount to be paid and the date it is due by, the balance of payment required and the date it is due by and details of payment options. This booking confirmation will also outline the balance of payment required from you and the date this is due in order to complete your arrangement with us.
- Contract: means any booking, arrangement or agreement made between you and YachtHop [a brand of Istion Yachting Limited].
We, us, our, ourselves, YachtHop: is a brand owned and operated by Istion Yachting LTD.
You, your: any person(s) named on the booking form regardless if noted at the time of booking or added or deleted at a later date.
- All monetary amounts are stated in Euro (€) and are payable inclusive of VAT and in Greece unless otherwise provided.
Where the context permits the singular includes the plural and vice versa.
References to Clauses are to clauses in this contract.
The law of Greece will apply to the contract made between you and ourselves.
If any provision(s) of this contract is or becomes invalid and unenforceable then that provision will be deemed to be deleted. However that provision will not affect the remainder of the contract which will remain in full force and effect subject to any modifications which are deemed necessary by the deletion of the invalid or unenforceable provision(s).
- If a person confirms a booking through our online booking form on our website or made the booking through a travel agent associated with us, they must ensure all person(s) named on the booking form have read and understood these terms and conditions which form the basis of our contract with you. If any person named on this booking form is under 18 years of age at the time of booking then they must obtain the consent of their parent(s) or guardian(s), who must also have read these terms and conditions.
It will be the responsibility of the person(s) who made the booking through our online booking form or made the booking through a travel agent associated with us to ensure the booking confirmation is sent to all person(s) noted on the booking form regardless of whether they are noted on the booking form at the time of booking or added at a later date. It will also be the responsibility of the person(s) who made the booking to inform us of any errors that are on the booking confirmation within 10 working days of it being sent. In accordance with clause 3.k we will not be liable for any erroneous information supplied by you. Likewise we will also not be liable for any loss suffered by you as a result of any of our emails being blocked by web filters or firewalls.
2. Payment & Cancellation Terms & Conditions
- In order to reserve your holiday, a deposit equivalent of 50% of the total trip price, per person per trip must be submitted to YachtHop within 7 days in respect of that holiday. If a booking is made within 90 days of departure from your home country full payment is due at time of booking creation. This payment is in addition to any deposit required by your travel agent. The deposit is accepted as a first installment of the holiday price by YachtHop only once the booking has been confirmed in writing by YachtHop or your travel agent.
- The balance of the holiday price must be paid by no later than 45 days prior to the scheduled holiday departure date from your home country. This date will be stated on the confirmation issued to you/your agent by YachtHop.
- If payment isn’t made by the due date, YachtHop may assume that you have cancelled and cancellation charges in accordance with clause 2.g below will be levied by YachtHop.
- Tickets and other documents will not be forwarded until full payment has been received by us.
- In the case of Late Bookings made within 45 days of your departure from your home country, the full cost of the holiday will be payable immediately on booking and we reserve the right to provide all travel documents via email.
- YachtHop reserves the right to cancel the booking and apply cancellation charges should payments not be received within the above specified periods.
- If you wish to cancel your arrangements with us, other than failing to pay the balance of the purchase price by the date required, then we must be notified of such cancellation in writing. The date of cancellation by you will be the date we receive the notice of cancellation. If we receive notice of such cancellation less than 90 days, but more than 45 days prior to your departure date then 50% of the total fee will be held as cancellation fees. If we receive notice of such cancellation less than 45 days, then the full payment will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If we receive notice of such cancellation less than 45 days prior to your departure date then your booking will be treated as a cancellation and normal cancellation fees will apply.
- YachtHop reserves the right to change or cancel your booking in accordance with operating requirements or circumstances beyond its control.
- Should change or cancellation prove necessary we will give you reasonable notice thereof, in the circumstances, and where available, offer you a comparable alternative. Where cancellation is necessary, a minimum period of 45 days notice will be given by us unless the circumstances leading to the cancellation were beyond our reasonable control.
- If an alternative is not available or acceptable you will be entitled to either a full refund of monies paid by you to us or transfer to another YachtHop sailing trip without payment of any transfer fee.
- If the change or cancellation is due to force majeure (i.e. circumstances like political unrest, war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, closure of airports or ports, industrial disputes, terrorist activity, natural and nuclear disasters, fire, epidemic or health risk, Acts of God, adverse weather conditions or other similar events beyond YachtHop’s control) we will give a full refund of any monies paid to us less reasonable expenses incurred by us in respect of your booking.
- YachtHop is not responsible for the cost of any other travel arrangements affected due to cancellation or the rescheduling of any holiday.
3. General Conditions
- The information in our website is correct to the best of our knowledge at the time of going to print (January, 2018) but we cannot guarantee that any item or amenity mentioned will be available especially where we have no direct control over it.
- In the event you have purchased a trip through YachtHop, and this trip is operated by a third-party partner of us, our responsibility is limited to the operation of the purchased trip at the time booked, without us being responsible for the delivery or the enjoyment of the trip booked. However, we are in constant contact with our partners to ensure that all our guests will be having a safe and joyful trip.
- YachtHop constantly strives to improve trip itineraries and features. If such improvements can be made, or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control make changes necessary, we reserve the right to vary itineraries and to substitute destinations.
- YachtHop is not responsible for any other travel arrangements affected due to our cancellations.
- YachtHop’s holidays are specifically planned for those who want to experience sailing onboard a sailing yacht. Consequently the facilities and activities on a YachtHop holiday are not appropriate to persons who are affected by sea, are not willing to become part of a sailing crew, and who are not in a health and/or physical standard to follow this type of holiday
- YachtHop must be advised of any medical conditions or physical disability requiring special attention before you book your holiday. If you do not advise us at this stage, we may refuse to accept your booking. We may also refuse you if we feel that the holiday chosen is not suitable without a suitably qualified companion. YachtHop will try to help you with your requirements but cannot guarantee to do so, either on our own or our suppliers’ (such as hotels, restaurants and excursions) behalf.
- The Company does not employ medical personnel. Any necessary medical attention will be provided by a local facility at the passenger’s expense. The Company is not responsible or liable for any losses or costs incurred as a result of medical services obtained while on trip, or for the quality of the care or services received.
- You are responsible for all travel arrangements and costs to/from the point of commencement/ conclusion of the holiday.
- There may be times when the YachtHop Skipper has to make a decision in your best interests or the best interests of their crew. You agree to comply with the authority and decisions of the appointed YachtHop Skipper and the laws of the country in which you are travelling. If you do not so comply or if, in the YachtHop Skipper’s opinion, you are not compatible with the general enjoyment and well being of other members on the holiday or smooth operation of the holiday itself, we reserve the right to refuse to let you continue with the holiday.
- We do not tolerate the possession or carriage of illegal or restricted substances (drugs). Furthermore, you agree that your fellow travellers and any YachtHop staff have the right to travel/work in a safe environment. Any threats to their safety, well being or inappropriate behaviour by you, whether verbal or physical, will be taken extremely seriously and may result in the immediate termination of your holiday. In such event, you will be responsible for your own repatriation and related costs and have no claims against us.
- Notwithstanding anything else in this contract we will not be liable to you in any way for any loss, expense, damages, injury, illness or death if your claim was as a result of:
- Any act, omission or failure by any employee(s), if they were not acting in the course of their employment carrying out the duties they were contracted to do with us;
- Any act, omission or failure by any of our supplier(s);
- Any act, omission or failure by you, a person named on your booking form, whether at the time of booking or added at a later date, or another member of the public who has contracted our services for a sailing holiday and is on one of our yachts;
- Any erroneous information supplied by you or a party on your booking form;
Any act, omission or failure by any third party
- You are responsible for any costs incurred as a result of damage or excess cleaning fees related to your accommodation. You are advised to immediately report any pre-existing damage in your cabin to a YachtHop staff as soon as it is discovered.
- The Company may, in its sole discretion, decline the booking of any passenger or remove any passenger who cannot comply or refuses to comply with the Company’s terms and conditions. The Company is not responsible for any costs incurred in the event a passenger is removed from a trip. Passengers agree not to hold the Company or any of its related entities liable for any actions taken under these terms and conditions.
- It is your responsibility to have a valid passport and all visas, permits and certificates required for your selected holiday before your departure as well as any necessary vaccinations and to comply with all applicable laws. YachtHop is not responsible for any costs incurred as a result of failing to obtain necessary visas. Any costs whatsoever regarding obtaining, replacing or changing visas whilst on trip (including accommodation, meals, flights and transfers incurred due to associated delays) are at your own expense.
- In the event of your withdrawal from a holiday after the commencement as a result of illness, you must obtain a medical certificate in support of any insurance claim. No refunds will be made for any absence from the trip.
- Under no circumstances can we be held responsible for snow or weather conditions, nor can any holiday be cancelled or amended by you at any time on the basis of snow or weather conditions.
- We will not be in breach of this contract if the breach was caused by something that is unforeseeable and beyond our control. Accordingly, we will not be liable for any act, omission or failure under this contract if that act, omission or failure was as a consequence, beyond our, our employees or our suppliers reasonable control, including but not limited to civil disruption, industrial disputes, terrorism, war, extreme weather conditions, fire and natural disasters.